Weekend Links

Courtesy MJJR and Wikimedia Commons.
In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page

UPDATE on our move: We got the first of three offers on our house three days after listing. We've now accepted an offer and the house is pending sale. God is so good!

* Recall of Fisher Price baby swings.

* Reser food recall.

* The more I read about how commercial food is grown, the more I don't want to buy ANYTHING from the grocery store. Take this, for example.

* How Not to Miss Stuff You Really Like on Social Media. Chances are, right now you're missing posts from your favorite bloggers and friends. Here's how to get around that.

* Antibiotics linked to diabetes. Just another good reason not to take them unless you truly need them!

* I'll soon be moving to an area with lots of mosquitoes, so I've been doing research on what plants deter them and what herbs or essential oils we can use instead of DEET. The Herbal Academy recommends these essential oils.

* When I had to replace my Dyson because the Dyson would have voided my carpet warranty, my husband grabbed this vacuum for me. They advertise that it's better than a Dyson...and I agree! (Plus, it doesn't void my carpet warranty.) It does better on bare floors, fits under my cupboards (my Dyson wouldn't), and doesn't get clogged, which my Dyson frequently did. And it's under $100!

* I like this article on wisely choosing disciplinary consequences for your children.

* Grow your own bay leaves.

* Did you know hostas were edible??

* The Baal arches aren't going up after all. (And here's why that's a good thing.)


* You probably don't know about this way criminals can easily get your debit card or other codes. But there's an easy fix!

Oldies But Goodies:

* How to Protect Your Child's Hearing in an Ear Bud World 
* Free Spring Cleaning Checklists 
* How to Organize Bill Paying (with free printables) 
* How to Make Kombucha 
* How to Can Tomatoes

2 comments