100s of Free Audio Books for Kids

My kids love audio dramas and books. They think they are just plain fun. I know they are better for their imaginations than TV. It's a win-win thing. And if I can find audio for them that's FREE...so much the better!

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time at LibriVox, where there are currently 473 children's fiction audio books...and more are added regularly. Best of all, they are classics. There's non-fiction for kids, too. And did I mention all the audio books are free?

Sometimes I download the audio books onto my computer and the kids listen to them from there, but more often, I burn the files onto a CD and the kids listen to them at bedtime, on the road, or while doing quiet activities like coloring.

Some of our favorites include:

This Country of Ours (an awesome way to learn American history!)
The Railway Children
Reddy Fox
Jimmy Skunk
The Story of the Treasure Seekers

You'll also find more familiar books like:

Pinocchio (much different from the Disney classic!)
Tom Sawyer
Aesop's Fables
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Anne of Green Gables
Black Beauty
The Children's Shakespeare
The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew

and much, much more.

There are also hundreds (maybe thousands) of free audio books for adults, too.

Check it out!


No comments