Weekend Links

Courtesy Joe Valbuena and Wikimedia commons.
In which I share my favorite posts from this blog's Facebook page.


* As avian bird flu spreads in commercial chicken farms in the U.S., the cost of eggs surges. If you don't have your own hens yet, now is a good time to set yourself up!

* Poultry meat recall. More evidence that you need hens.

* Did you know jumping spiders have a painful bite? I didn't until I was startled awake this week, thinking I'd been stung by a wasp - but found a jumping spider on my pillow. It hurt for two days. My goodness!

* Looking for a tumbling compost bin? Amazon has this one on sale with free shipping - and it has great reviews

* Four Cancer charities under investigation for scamming donors.

* This is hard to read, but we must know this and pray about it.

* My kids and hubby have been sick this week. How do I keep from getting sick, too? I use this Anti Cold and Flu remedy, a sinus rinse twice a day, wash my hands constantly, and spray areas that have been contaminated with Lysol. I've been drinking homemade kombucha every day, too. Incidentally, that Anti Cold and Fly Remedy has never let me down, as long as I take it at the first sign of illness.


No comments