To show you how to make this simple dish, I created the first ever Proverbs 31 Woman video. All the info you need is in the video, but if you like to print out ingredients and instructions, you'll find those below, also. Enjoy!
Biscuits and Gravy
1 lb. sausage
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups milk
1. Cook the sausage in a skillet placed over medium heat, stirring and crumbling until all trace of pink disappears.
2. Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and stir well - until no trace of white appears.
3. Add the milk and stir. Season with pepper and salt. Continue cooking over medium heat until the gravy is the desired thickness, stirring now and then to prevent the gravy from sticking to the pan.
4. Spoon over warm biscuits.
* My homemade biscuits are easy, cheap, and healthier than store bought. When I know I'll want to make biscuits and gravy soon, I whip up a double batch - one for dinner that night and another for breakfast in the morning. To warm the biscuits, wrap them in a dampened paper towel and microwave for 1 minute. Or you can make the biscuits fresh in the morning; they take about 30 minutes to make from scratch.